Urgent Care Clinic With Lab Services in Anaheim CA, Close to Disneyland
At our urgent care clinic, we offer lab services so that you may obtain everything you need for an accurate diagnosis and treatment in one accessible location. SoCal Urgent Care offers lab services in cases where blood testing or other lab work is required to accurately diagnose and treat a variety of ailments. For more information, please contact us or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 710 S Brookhurst St. Suite A, Anaheim, CA 92804 (less than 3 miles away from Disneyland).
Table of Contents:
At SoCal Urgent Care, several different types of lab tests are offered. We offer same-day testing and rapid results. A variety of tests are offered at our in-house laboratory, which are used to detect:
• Sexually transmitted diseases or illnesses
• Drug usage
• Viral illnesses such as COVID-19 or flu
• Bacterial infections such as strep throat
• Abnormalities such as decreased liver function
• Other medical conditions
To detect the above conditions, we use different types of lab tests. The following tests are offered at our laboratory:
• Urinalysis tests
• Saliva tests
• Blood culture tests
• Complete Blood Count (CBC) tests
• Blood chemistry tests
• Employer drug or alcohol tests
• At home or curbside COVID-19 virus tests
• COVID-19 antibodies tests
There are a variety of blood tests that can be performed at our in-house laboratory. At SoCal Urgent Care, we offer:
• Blood cholesterol tests – It is important to monitor your cholesterol levels, especially if you are at risk of heart disease. When receiving this test, you may be asked to not eat for a period of time to ensure that food will not impact the test result.
• Blood culture tests – In this test, a blood sample is combined with nutrients that encourage bacteria growth. This can show if bacteria is present in the sample.
• Blood glucose tests – Most effective in diagnosing and monitoring diabetes, this test observes the level of blood glucose (sugar) in the sample.
• Blood typing tests – This test is often performed before receiving a blood transfusion or donating blood to accurately check what your blood type is. Blood typing is also advised during pregnancy to determine the risk of rhesus disease.
• Cancer blood tests – A variety of blood tests are used to diagnose cancers or determine if you are at risk for developing cancer.
• Karyotyping or chromosome testing – Chromosome testing is used to detect genetic abnormalities such as trisomy 21 or Down’s – Syndrome. It is recommended for couples who have experienced repeated miscarriages, to determine if chromosomal abnormalities are involved.
• Coagulation tests – These tests are used to determine if your blood clots normally or if you have a bleeding disorder.
• Electrolyte tests – This type of test is used to measure levels of sodium, chloride, and potassium. It is also used to check the levels of water in the body.
• Complete blood count (CBC) tests – Used to measure the types and number of cells in the blood, the CBC test gives a good indication of your general health.
• Liver function tests – By measuring the levels of liver enzymes and proteins in the blood, the liver function test provides a snapshot of the liver’s health. This test is useful for diagnosing conditions such as cirrhosis and hepatitis.
• Thyroid function tests – The thyroid function test is used to determine thyroid health and diagnose conditions such as underactive or overactive thyroid.
Blood tests are highly useful for detecting many illnesses and conditions. Some of the diseases that can be diagnosed through a blood test include:
• Heart disease
• Hepatitis C
• HIV and AIDS
Along with detecting conditions early, blood tests are useful for:
• Making a diagnosis and determining the stage of the disease
• Monitoring organ function
• Monitoring the effectiveness of treatment or medication
• Monitoring the progression of a condition over time
• Prevention of disease by observing biomarkers
• Treatment of disease
It is recommended to get a blood test performed annually to monitor your general health. We suggest combining your annual blood tests with your physical checkup. The blood tests we recommend you receive each year include:
• Complete Blood Count (CBC) – This test will provide an overall snapshot of your blood and bone marrow health by measuring the number, variety, concentration, and quality of platelets, and red and white blood cells.
• Basic Metabolic Panel – This test measures glucose, blood urea nitrogen, calcium, and electrolytes. The basic metabolic panel helps determine the health of your kidneys.
• Lipid profile – This test is essential for informing the physician of your cardiovascular health, as it measures triglycerides and cholesterol.
Visit SoCal Urgent Care for fast and efficient lab services. For more information, please contact us or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 710 S Brookhurst St. Suite A, Anaheim, CA 92804 (less than 3 miles away from Disneyland). We serve patients from Anaheim CA, Buena Park CA, La Palma CA, Cerritos CA, Cypress CA, Stanton CA, Garden Grove CA, Fullerton CA, Placentia CA, and Olive CA.