Sinus Infection Treatment Clinic in Anaheim CA, Close to Disneyland
Are you experiencing severe discomfort and pressure behind your eyes? A sinus infection may be the reason for your swollen, inflamed sinuses. Fever, fatigue, weakness, coughing, and congestion are some of the signs and signs associated with sinusitis. It can cause great discomfort and pain. Trust the professionals at SoCal Urgent Care to provide you with relief for your symptoms. We are conveniently located at 710 S Brookhurst St. Suite A, Anaheim, CA 92804. Please contact us for more information or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
A sinus infection is when the sinuses become inflamed (rhinitis) with fluid buildup, causing congestion and a runny nose (rhinorrhea). An infection of the sinus can be caused by viruses or bacteria and can spread to other parts of the body if left untreated. An infection can also travel to the nasal passages, causing a sinus infection.
Sinus infections have a wide list of symptoms which are often also present with influenza or the common cold. These include:
• Stuffy nose (congestion)
• Runny nose
• Facial pain or pressure
• Mucus dripping down the throat
• Sore throat
• Bad breath (halitosis)
The first step in treating a sinus infection is conducting a thorough diagnosis. Many other conditions can mimic a sinus infection, including:
• The common cold – One of the most common causes of sinus discomfort, the cold may cause sinus pain, pressure, or stuffiness. It is caused by a virus and should be diagnosed right away.
• The flu – Like the common cold, influenza is also caused by a virus. Viral infections require a different course of treatment than bacterial infections do. Although it is most common to contract influenza during ‘flu season,’ it is possible to catch the virus year-round.
• Allergies – Seasonal allergies are often caused by pollen, ragweed, pet, and other allergies which have symptoms very similar to a sinus infection. Although allergies and sinus infections cause similar symptoms, the two conditions require different kinds of treatment.
After a thorough diagnosis has been completed, common causes of sinus symptoms can be ruled out and treatment for sinus infection can begin. The most common treatments include:
• Antibiotics – If a sinus infection is caused by bacteria, antibiotics may be prescribed to eliminate the infection.
• Warm compresses – Applying a warm compress over the sinuses can reduce pain and pressure.
• Decongestants – Both prescription and over-the-counter decongestants can decrease nasal symptoms.
• Pain and fever reducers – Over-the-counter medications like NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) can also reduce sinus infection symptoms.
Sinus infections can be either acute or chronic with their durations greatly differing for each. Acute infections typically last between two to eight weeks, whereas chronic infections last much longer and can persist for years with recurrent symptoms.
Sinus infections can be caused by either a virus or bacteria with symptoms varying for each type. Signs and symptoms of a sinus infection include:
• Sinus headache
• Facial tenderness
• Occasional facial swelling
• Pressure or pain in the sinuses, in the Eustachian tubes or ears
• Cloudy discolored nasal or postnasal drainage
• Feeling of nasal stuffiness
• Sore throat
Symptoms of a bacterial infection include:
• Pus-like nasal discharge
• Facial pain and tenderness
• Symptoms that do not respond to over-the-counter treatments
If you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms of a sinus infection, come to SoCal Urgent Care for treatment today. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating sinus infections and can effectively diagnose your symptoms. For more information about our sinus infection treatment, contact our office and get in touch with a member of our specialized team. To book an appointment with our sinus infection specialist, visit our website or speak with us over the phone today. We are conveniently located at 710 S Brookhurst St. Suite A, Anaheim, CA 92804. We serve patients from Anaheim CA, Buena Park CA, La Palma CA, Cerritos CA, Placentia CA, Stanton CA, and surrounding areas.